Morija Lesotho





The name Morija was given to the mission station by the first missionaries from the Paris Evangelical Missionary Society who arrived in Lesotho in 1833. The name is a deformation of the French "Moria" relating to the biblical name "Moriah" meaning provided by god.

Morija Church_PG01499.jpg (34952 bytes)             Maeder House_PG01425.jpg (43162 bytes)

Morija Church                                                                     Maeder House

Maeder House_PG01426.jpg (49862 bytes)             Museum 2 nr_PG01514.jpg (40954 bytes)

Maeder House                                                                     Morija Museum and Archives


The Yeats Wagon_PG01524.jpg (51644 bytes)

The Yeats Ox wagon


Visit this Morija web site to see more on the Maeder House Art Gallery:

cropped-headermaeder4.jpg (38676 bytes)

Click on the Morija Maeder House images to follow the link or click here:

Find Morija and Maeder House on Faxbook and meet the artists:!/pages/Morija-Festival-Museum-Maeder-House/249648975056286

Meet the web designer of the Morija site and Professional photographer Meri Hyoky; on Facebook at!/profile.php?id=645605264    or visit Meri's photography page at   and Meri's web site at


Looking for a place to stay at Morija; visit Morija Guest house page by clicking on the image

Guest House Close up_PG0140.jpg (43918 bytes)





Home Up Malealea Lesotho Rhodes Village EC Mount Moorosi Lesotho Old School House Semonkong Lesotho Roma Lesotho Comfrey Cottage EC Ramabanta Lesotho Morija Lesotho Jersey Island



All photographs in this section are copyright of the webmaster, Paul Gosselin. Contact
for permission.
Last updated:  10 November 2011